9 Reasons Why You Should Go on a Liveaboard- KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
Komodo National Park has got to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It has something for everyone, whether you want to relax, or come face to face with deadly KOMODO DRAGONS, or SWIM WITH MANTA RAYS, this place has it all.
HOW TO GET TO KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
Before you can set sail through Komodo National Park, you will first need to arrive on the island of Flores. Labuan Bajo is the airport in Flores that you will want to fly in to. This is where all of the liveaboard and day trips leave from.
If you are coming from Bali, the flight will run around $100 USD round trip. I book all my flights through SKYSCANNER. I have never found better pricing elsewhere, I highly recommend them.
The flight was around 1 hour and had the most amazing views when we were landing! So be sure to bring have your camera ready.
HOW TO BOOK A TOUR TO RINCA ISLAND IN KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
Now depending on your travel style, you can either book a tour in advance, or upon arrival. Thomas and I booked ours a few months in advance as it is quite a trendy company that fills up.
We booked our tour with LE PIRATE BEACH CLUB. They offer everything from cozy beach cottages to a boatel, as well as liveaboard experiences. Check out their website HERE for current pricing and availability. By the way, this was not sponsored in any way, I just really enjoyed my time with them.
If you aren’t interested in Le Pirate, there are a lot of really cool ships that sail through Komodo National Park to Rinca Island as well. You can book these in advance via BOOKING.COM or once you arrive. There are plenty of boats leaving every day so don’t worry if you’re not really a planner!
Now the good stuff, my top 9 reasons you should book a liveaboard experience over a day trip.
9 REASONS TO BOOK A LIVEABOARD EXPERIENCE- KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
- TIME- There is so much to see in Komodo National Park, you want to have plenty of time to explore. I could spend a whole day just SNORKELING IN KOMODO NATIONAL PARK.
- SUNSET- If you are only going on a day trip, you will not be able to see the sunset over PADAR ISLAND.
- SUNRISE- Again, if you’re only going on a day trip, then you’ll miss sunrise over GILI LAWA DARAT.
- FLYING FOXES- Every night at sunset 100,000 bats depart from one island and head to another. It is truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
- SlEEPING UNDER THE STARS- Because there are no towns or light pollution, the stars are incredibly bright! I remember waking up in the middle of the night to the most stunning view of the Milky Way.
- WAKING UP WITH A DIP IN THE OCEAN- There is nothing more refreshing then to get up and jump straight into the ocean out of your bed. Much more effective than a cup of coffee.
- LESS CROWDED BEACHES- If you are on a liveaboard for a few days, you will have more time to explore Komodo National Park. That means heading to beaches that people on a day trip don’t have time for!
- SWIMMING WITH MANTAS TWICE– That’s right. Our lovely crew at LE PIRATE BEACH CLUB took us swimming with mantas not once, but twice!
- THE RELATIONSHIPS- Because you are on a small boat for several days, you have the opportunity to build some new friendships!
I know not everyone has the time or budget to spend on a 4-day trip, but trust me, it is so worth it!
I hope you enjoyed this post and are convinced to go on a liveaboard adventure through Komodo National Park. If you did enjoy it, remember sharing is caring!
All images in this post were taken by me, using a variety of my TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY ESSENTIALS!